Your purchase order is processed more quickly if we have correct and complete freight information. Did you know there is a Shipping Guidelines Checklist on the Dorner distributor portal?
Located under Reference Tools, this chart provides guidance on which conveyors are small enough to ship parcel and which require LTL (truck). This can help you obtain the correct shipping information from your customer up front and eliminate unnecessary phone calls and emails later on.
- If you or your customer require a specific carrier, please specify that information clearly on your PO. We are happy to meet your requirements and will ship collect or 3rd party billing, per your instructions.
- Providing both parcel and LTL carrier instructions on your PO is very helpful – we will choose the appropriate freight method based on the packaging dimensions and weight.
- If you are requesting prepay and add the freight cost to your invoice, Dorner will ship with our carrier, UPS for parcel shipments and Conway for LTL (truck). We also use Standard Forwarding for specific geographic locations.
Dorner Service Manuals – a wealth of information just a click away!
Dorner Installation, Maintenance and Parts Manuals, referred to as “Service Manuals” contain a variety of helpful information for you and your customer. Each conveyor series manual is loaded with photos, illustrations and exploded diagrams designed to provide detailed information on the following:
- Set-up information
- Service Parts
- Part Kits
- Recommended Spare Parts
- Preventative Maintenance Suggestions
- Trouble Shooting Guide
- Cleaning recommendations
Manuals can be downloaded as PDF documents from the Dorner website under Manuals & Literature. Each manual has a Dorner P/N and Rev level, and where applicable, a corresponding serial number range. This will assist you in finding the correct manual for your customer’s existing conveyor.
Meet your Dorner Team!
Do you know your Dorner Customer Service/Inside Sales Team? From RFQ to order entry to engineering, your team is dedicated to responding quickly and accurately to all your inquiries. Each Team has dedicated (800) number and email address for accessing the right resources and faster response
Want to meet your Dorner team? Simply visit the Resources Page.
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact Jill Wilson, firstname.lastname@example.org or your Dorner team.
Every purchase order is important...but does your PO have unique instructions? If there are special processing instructions (in addition to freight information) that we need to follow for a specific purchase order, please let us know by adding comments/notes on the PO.
- "OK to partial ship this order"
- "Label each conveyor as marked"
- "Special pricing per [Regional Manager]"
- "Please cut guiding to 8 ft lengths so order can ship parcel"
- "Rush parts order! Expedite fee included"
- "Please mark attention: [Jane Doe]"
- Reference quote: QUO-12345-ABCD rev 1"
We want to process your order quickly and accurately! If you have any questions or need more information, please contact Jill Wilson at email@example.com, or your Dorner Team.
Dorner recently announced a change in our preferred parcel carrier - from UPS to FedEx. This change only affects parcel shipments - XPO Logistics will continue to be our preferred LTL carrier.
All prepay and add parcel shipments will now be sent via FedEx. We will continue to provide UPS parcel shipments as collect or third party billing. In order to process your order quickly and accurately, please include the proper shipping information and account numbers on your purchase order. The size restrictions that are referenced on our "Parcel vs LTL" freight chart, located on the distributor portal remains the same. You can reference that chart here.
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact your Dorner team: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are here to support you - let us know how we can help!