Dorner Mfg. celebrated its 50th anniversary in business with three days of festive events Tuesday – Thursday, June 14-16, at its headquarters in Hartland, Wisconsin. Dorner is a leader in the design, application, manufacture, and integration of conveyor systems for companies around the world.
Tuesday, June 14 – Dorner Summit Meeting
- Dorner leadership is providing an update on business operations; group sessions; plant tour and other activities. The event is by invitation only for select business leaders and top channel partners.
Wednesday, June 15 – Open House
- Plant tours; new product showcases; food, prizes and other activities. The event is open to customers, vendors, distributors and local personnel.
Thursday, June 16 – Employee Celebration
- Employee-guided plant tours; food, games and other activities. The event is open to all Dorner employees and their immediate family.
The company was founded in 1966 by brothers Wolfgang, Horst and Werner Dorner. Initially, Dorner was a tool and die shop, but transformed its business to focus on conveyors in the early 1970s. In 2012, the brothers sold the business to Incline Equity Partners of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Today, Dorner has a staff of about 250 employees, and its conveyors operate in more than 1,200 industries.
“Our philosophy today mirrors that of the one set forth by the Dorners 50 years ago – a philosophy based on being responsive to our customers,” said Terry Schadeberg, President & CEO, Dorner Mfg. “Carrying the torch forward and continuing to live up to the ideals established by the Dorners is something every employee embraces. We’re very excited for what the next 50 years hold for Dorner.”
While the company has enjoyed many noteworthy accomplishments through the years, 2016 has been marked by several major milestones:
- Opening its first office in Canada to better serve the Canadian market
- Acquiring FlexMove, a Malaysian-based manufacturer of flexible chain conveyors for food, beverage, automotive, electronic and other industries
- Adding staff aimed at establishing brand recognition and growing sales to international markets
- Expanding its Hartland, Wisconsin, headquarters by adding a 25,000 square-foot expansion to its manufacturing area to meet future production goals and anticipated growth
- Major expansions to many of its conveyor lines, including its AquaPruf sanitary, SmartFlex and 2200 Series platforms
For more information about Dorner’s 50th anniversary, visit www.dornerconveyors.com/50