1st Shift: Monday-Friday
6:00 am – 2:30 pm
Dorner Mfg. Corp. is looking for a Gauge & Fixture Builder who shares our commitment to our customers, partners and business. Primary responsibilities include:
- Build a variety of tools, fixtures and gauges for use in manufacturing operations. These could be anything from simple machining jaws to more complex assembly stations.
- Work from a verbally described need, develop a concept and create sketches/drawings. Once approved, will detail component parts, machine/fabricate or purchase them, and assemble the final product.
- Provide backup/assistance to equipment maintenance mechanic. This could entail working on anything from pneumatic hand tools to CNC turning centers.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- At least two years of design/build of gauges and fixtures.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to operate a manual mill and lathe. CNC machining a plus.
- Basic computer skills. Knowledge of AutoCAD preferred.
- Familiarity with hydraulic and pneumatic systems is a plus.
- Schedule flexibility is necessary when emergencies arise.
- Must have very strong communication skills for dealing with co-workers, management and outside contractors.
- Self-directed with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects at once.