Dorner’s 2200 Series SmartFlex line capabilities, such as the SmartFlex Twist, Alpine, and Helical are designed to give customers added flexibility. The SmartFlex Helix allows for elevation changes as part of the conveyor system, raising or lowering products in a small foot print. The foot print for the elevation section can be as small a 10’ x 10’ which is ideal for congested areas where long inclines or alpines are not practical.
The Helix conveyor uses a proprietary flexible chain that is designed to run on the standard SmartFlex conveyor and does not require lubrication. This means fewer conveyors, fewer spare parts and a cleaner facility.
Benefits of the SmartFlex Helix:
- No lubrication required, meaning a cleaner environment and reduced risk of contamination
- Compact design allows for 5 feet of elevation change in 10 feet
- Conveyor is driven by a single drive, reducing costs and electrical requirements
- Flexible design – possibility of multiple layouts using a single conveyor
Product Line Specifications:
- 85 mm
- 180 mm
- 260 mm
- Chain Types
- Plain Chain with friction reducing roller
- Friction insert chain with friction reducing roller
- Incline Angle of 3 to 12 degrees
- 85 mm = 500, 700, 1000 mm radius
- 180 mm = 500, 700, 1000 mm radius
- 260 mm = 700, 1000 mm radius
- Inlet and Outlet in any orientation. Outlet of the helix may be any angle from the inlet.
- Rotation: CW or CCW
- Up or down