GAL 60 Obsolescence Notice
Over the last 54 years, Dorner’s product line has evolved from a single, low profile metalworking conveyor to a robust line of industrial, hygienic, and automation precision conveyance solutions. We are constantly evaluating our product portfolio and manufacturing processes to provide our customers with the best products in a competitive marketplace.
Realizing the changes that are taking place in a dynamic manufacturing environment, please accept this formal notification that effective 1 March 2020, Dorner Europe will discontinue the production of the GAL 60 Series product line.
In place of this product line, we are recommending Dorner’s 2200 Series Conveyor line as an enhanced alternative. The 2200 Series Conveyor features:
- Single piece extruded aluminum frame provides 2X the straightness and 3X the torsional strength of an assembled box frame. In addition incorporates a return belt flange which guides the return belt and greatly improves operator safety.
- V-guided tracking system providing 5X more accurate straight running belts and eliminating the concern over belt startup damage often seen with crowned roller conveyor technology
- Rack and Pinion belt take-up system for quick and precise belt tensioning and new belt installation.
- Precision cam belt tracking for non-v-guided belts providing greater precision
We recognize our obligation to promptly inform customers of the intent to discontinue products. Please note the following with regards to supporting the parts requirements of our large installed base:
- Date for last GAL 60 Series conveyor order acceptance: 1 April 2020.
- After this date, quotes and lead-times will be provided per request and will include an upcharge.
- Product warranties will continue to be honored. Warranty information is available on our website
- Service parts will be available for a minimum of 10 years.
- Replacement parts are subject to price increases.
While we regret any inconvenience this announcement may cause, we are eager to talk to you about your product handling needs. To discuss your application, please contact our customer service team by calling
+49 (0) 2461/93767-0.
We appreciate your business and look forward to working with you on your next project!