Dairy & Cheese Conveyors
Benefits of a Dorner Dairy & Cheese Conveyor:
Dorner has a line of conveyors designed to meet the strict requirements of USDA Dairy regulations and 3-A Sanitary Standards. We have experience handling a variety of dairy products from cheese slices to cheese blocks and Dorner can custom design a system to meet your unique need.
At Dorner, food safety is paramount. The hygienic design of our conveyors allows for effective sanitation with conveyors that are quick and easy to clean.
Maintaining sanitation in hard-to-access areas, such as underneath the belt, can be a time consuming challenge. Cleaning, although necessary for safety, can also take away from valuable production time. Dorners clean-in-place (CIP) units for AquaPruf conveyors provide a smart sanitary solution offering:
- Less downtime
- Sanitary wash down design
- Improved cleaning efficiency
The CIP conveyors feature an automated washing system that not only reduces the time and labor required to keep your conveyors clean, but they help you save water and energy as well. Spray nozzles can be mounted on the interior and exterior of the conveyor, which allows cleaning both the top and bottom surfaces of the belt simultaneously without additional labor. For modular plastic chain belts, the CIP nozzles will force water and debris through the open hinges.
The CIP unit is constructed of fully welded stainless steel tubing to prevent potentially harmful bacteria, and other biological hazards, and minimize horizontal surfaces where water can accumulate.
Benefits of Dorner’s Sanitary Conveyors
- Dorner’s Ultimate line of conveyors are designed to meet 3-A Sanitary Standards and USDA Dairy regulations.
- By eliminating horizontal surfaces, blind spots and harbor points, food and water won’t accumulate, preventing the growth of bacteria.
- Easy access to all areas of the conveyor for cleaning allows you to keep lines running and the conveyor at the highest level of sanitation.
- Eliminating the chances of bacteria and contamination creates a safer conveyor and prevents the spread of illness to your customers.
AquaPruf® Series Conveyor
Using an AquaPruf series conveyor from Dorner is a great way to move product along while maintaining sanitary requirements. The AquaPruf series is designed with food sanitation requirements in mind. These design features include:
- Tip-up, tool-less pulleys and belt lifters for easy access for cleaning
- Rounded cross members to eliminate horizontal edges
- Solid UHMW wear strips for quick drainage and easy cleaning
- V-guided belt tracking
AquaGard® Series Conveyors
The AquaGard line of conveyors is designed for a wide variety of applications in sanitary environments that require conveyor wipe-downs. Features include:
- Solid UHMW wear strips located in welded cross members for durable belt support
- Frame constructed of TIG welded 304 stainless steel
- Open design with minimal horizontal surfaces
- Low-profile frame and flexible belt options
At Dorner we recognize that our standard conveyor solutions aren’t always right for everyone. Our Engineered Solutions Group specializes in designing and implementing custom solutions for our customers. Our team of engineers will work with you to make sure that you get a quality conveyor system that fits your specific needs. In the food industry especially where each application differs greatly we are able to custom design a solution to fit your unique needs.
If you need to add a standard straight run to your line or need something more custom, Dorner will make sure your needs are met. Our Sanitary lines are designed for quick and easy cleaning in mind so your production lines are down for less time and production levels are up.