This position is an integral position across the company to help track, educate, and assist various teams on the costing environment, data flows, and results. This includes close working relationships with manufacturing, new product development, sales and sales engineers, and upper management. This position is deeply involved with inventory valuation, part costing, product lines and margins, project and engineer to order results, ERP system maintenance and development, as well as other accounting department functions. You will work with management and manufacturing to provide information and analysis utilizing system knowledge, PC capabilities and reporting tools. The primary responsibilities include:
- Gather and analyze financial data
- Prepare detailed reports, both periodically and ad-hoc
- Create and manage budgets, and monitor spending
- Conduct audits on financial processes and transactions
- Monitor changes in processes or methods to calculate effects on overall costs
- Estimate product costs for existing and new products
- Forecast and analyze costs of processes, labor and inventory
- Suggest cost-reducing or profitable solutions
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance; Certified Management Accountant (CMA) preferred
- Proven experience as a Cost Analyst, Cost Specialist, or similar role
- Experience in data, operational and financial analysis
- Self-motivated able to work within deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical skills and ability to prioritize are important.
- At least three years in a manufacturing environment
- Epicor experience preferred