The International Logistics Manager is responsible for managing all Shipping/Receiving/Crating functions at DMC, daily part order fulfillment, packaging processes, the movement of product to or from Sub-Contractors, and the movement of product internationally between DMC and its multiple divisions. This position is also responsible for negotiation and selection of freight carriers for domestic and international shipments.
Interaction with Dorner’s other facilities will be required and potential travel to those location will be needed. This will be achieved with the creation and regular maintenance of a corporate compliance manual that will serve as guidance for all Dorner divisions.
The International Logistics Manager will also direct continuous improvement activities that result in higher customer satisfaction, shorter throughput times and/or reduction in waste in all areas supervised.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain or Business
- 5 plus years of experience with international air and sea logistics for both import and export activities.
- Familiarly with U.S. Customs product classification and ruling for both import and export activities.
- Previous experience in a manager/supervisory role.
- Strong negotiation, attention to detail and decision-making skills.